Monday, December 12, 2011

Tropical Salad

I know, in the winter?  I couldn't help it, ever since
I had a Hawaiian Chicken Salad at Cheddar's Restaurant
I had been wanting to make one.  So, I found a
Honey Lime Dressing recipe and got creative!

So, here is what I came up with:
Try to use Fresh organic when possible
Salad
Romain Lettuce
Walnuts
Pineapple chunks
Strips of grilled or roasted chicken breast
Tortilla Chips in strips

Pico De Gallo
1 med. tomato, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 green onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Honey Lime Dressing
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp grated lime ring
1/2 cup honey
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground mace (I used a pinch of nutmeg instead)
1 cup of sour cream

Combine egg, lime juice, grated lime rind, 
and honey in saucepan; cook over low heat
until thickened, stirring constantly.
Add salt and mace; cool.  fold in sour
cream; chill. 

To assemble:
first place lettuce on a plate, sprinkle
walnuts around the lettuce, add
Pico De Gallo, pineapples, dal-lop
dressing in several places
on the salad, and then place your chicken strips
across the salad with the tortilla chip
strips being the final touch
ENJOY!
I did ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good.. I have allot of extra turkey, so maybe I'll give it a try with that!
    Good to visit you after so long!
    love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete