Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gen 16-18

The Bible Reading Challenge

October 18, 2008
B'resheet 16--18

I haven't kept up with my posting on my reading challenges, however, I have kept up with my readings...

Today I read ch 16-18 and while reading chapter 10 verse 10 & 23 spoke volumes to me.
Verse 10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised...
verse 23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all the were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abram's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as Elohim had said unto him.


Abraham didn't wait to walk in what Elohim told him...he immediately obeid!
We are in the midst of working on an "Obedience" lapbook/notebook and within this curriculum there are 10 keys of obedience, one of those keys are titled "Obedience is acting on a command immediately" And this is just what Abraham did, he didn't wait till he had an understanding of it, he didn't wait till it was convient, and he didn't wait till all agreed with him. He had one thing in his heart, and that was to walk in the way of YHWH. It is my prayer today that I may have a heart as Abraham, a heart that is quick to obey YHWH, obey his word, obey his prompting by the Holy Spirit, obey without hesitance...Oh I pray that I would have a single heart for my Elohim...

No comments:

Post a Comment