Saturday, March 28, 2009

My new endeavor

You can purchase this art at http://www.allposters.com/

Ok, I grew with my mama always planting a garden, vegetable garden that is, every spring. Did I ever help her, no! Was I interested in helping her? No! Did I ever try my hand in gardening, yes,once when I was about 10yrs old. It was exciting to eat the corn that I planted but not so exciting to replant the next year, why should I? When mama did it every spring...yes, I was a self absorbed child (to my shame I admit it)

So now when I'm 40 something I find this strange desire to have my own garden, to grow my own vegetables. My mom says I'm crazy! It's hard work and to her not worth it when you can go to the store and buy what you need. That's the problem...the store! Buying who knows what kind of strange 'hybrid' vegetables...and to think of the prices of these so called vegetables. No thank you, I'll go the way of hard work, and I'm going to take my girls with me. They will learn right next to me. Well, we won't be alone in this new endeavor, my dh has volunteered to do the 'hard' work for me preparing the land (he grew up gardening every spring).
LOL, I don't even know what you call it when you dig and turn the soil? LOL, but I'm going to learn! My girls a so excited, if the weather permits, we will start tomorrow or Monday. My girls keep saying "only one more day, then we get to start our garden" well, I let them know we won't be planting for some weeks yet, but we are preparing the soil to receive the seed. Oh, I see now all the spiritual lessons this will bring to our conversations...what joy to be able to realize what it is like to prepare the soil, sow the seed, water and wait and finally reap the harvest and enjoy the fruit of our labor...
I believe this new endeavor will bring about more than just vegetables for me I believe Yah is getting ready to teach me some real life lessons, spiritual life lessons that is. Because I'm ignorant of the process of gardening I've put a couple of books on 'hold' at the library. Hopefully my oldest dd will let me use her camera to take pics so I can share our progress with you all....
Oh I forgot, Happy New Year to those who follow the Biblical calendar today is the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment