Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm loving Raw Food!!

Ok, so I've read Paul's book Raw Food which is very informative for a newbie like me :-b

I've tried his blended salad and was dazzled...but now I'm head over heals for raw food, why? because I just made a bowl of Spanish rice the raw way. Instead of rice Paul's recipe calls for grated cauliflower in a food processor (I don't have one yet, so I just used a hand grater).



I heard he is putting a raw recipe book together, I'm not sure if I heard this from him on one of his video's or someone else. If he is I'll be one of the first in line to buy it!!

I'm looking forward to making his strawberrie cheese cake....made out of cashews!!

5 comments:

  1. I have yet to sit down an learn about this, I am please to hear you go first... *smile*
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm striving to do an 8/20 ratio...raw being 80%. So far I'm really enjoying the journey. My family hasn't joined me yet, my girls are drinking a green drink every morning and a raw veggie during the day. Lunch and dinner are much lighter than they use to be. And we are all in bed by 9:00 at night...this is a big change especially for me the LATE NIGHT QUEEN lol, we're all getting up earlier too dh at 4:30 this isn't new to him, girls at 7ish and I'm getting up about 5:30-6:00 wow, able to get sooo much done in the day now...I'm loveing the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are 80/20 in our home as well thanks to Paul! This was an excellent video that I had not seen! Thank you! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I first started with raw foods. I was just as excited as you were! I would make these HUGE salads using a whole head of lettuce, three-four tomatoes, and an entire cucumber! Those were the good days :) I'd always eat my lunches out in the sunshine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mommy!
    I liked the Spanish Rice too. Next time you make it will you give me a bowl full....PLEASE!!
    I love you,
    YahChanna

    ReplyDelete