Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our New Tradition

I wanted to post some pics of our Sukkot gathering, but have missed placed my camera :-( I'm hoping it wasn't lost at the camp grounds. So instead of a Sukkot post I'll share a new 'family tradition' we have adopted from a precious family we met at the gathering.
The tradition is called 'Night of Blessings' and on each new moon we plan of lavishing blessings on each other or on a chosen family member. The blessings can come in the form of a song, poem, letters or small hand crafted item, however the poem or letter is what we are encouraging.

Tonight was our first night of blessings. Joseph and I exchanged letters and the girls exchanged letters. We read the Blessings to each other, it was very beautiful!!

Each one of us received a letter of blessing and
I would like to share just a small portion of
each here:

Joseph reminded of a scripture Yah gave me years ago:
Luke 1:45
And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of
those things which were told her from Yahweh.

I shared with Joseph the peace I have knowing
he goes to Yahweh and waits before making
decisions that will effect our lives.

AbbiYah pronounce the
Aronic blessing on YahChanna
in Hebrew.

And YahChanna let AbbiYah know how
much she appreciates her willing and cheerfully
helping her when she asks.

Next month we plan on showering my
oldest daughter with letters of Blessing
and a dinner in her honor.

Much gratitude and thanks goes out to
a beautiful sister who shared with
us one way she bonds her
family together...

Thank You Kelly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment