Monday, October 13, 2008

Genesis 1-3

October 13, 2008
B'resheet (Genesis) 1-3
Wow, As I began to read first chapter of B'resheet I realized how little faith I do have. Elohim/God created everything, the heavens, the seas and all that is in them. No wonder Yahshua was asleep in the boat during the storm (not just a storm but a great storm) he was the creator of that great wind and that great sea. What was there to fear? Do I not know that his eye is on the sparrow? That nothing I go through escapes him, nor does it SHAKE him?
Mathew 8:23
And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him..
And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship
was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying,
Master, save us; we perish.And he said unto them,
Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?
Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea;
and there was a great calm. but the men marveled, saying
What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?
Oh this is quite encouraging! If he sees that I am in real danger he just but needs to speak a word of rebuke...so many scriptures are flooding my mind,

Tehillim (Psalms) 23:4 yea, though I walk through the valley of death,
I shall fear no evil, why for thou art with me!
Tehillim (Ps) 27:2-3 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my
foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though a host should encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me,
in this will I be confident...
For i nthe time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:
in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me;
he shall set me up upon a rock.
Tehillum (Ps) 46 Elohim/God is our refuge
and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the
earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried
into the midst of the sea; though the waters
thereof roar and be troubled, though
the mountains shake with the swelling thereof...
And not to mention how there are no limits with him...he is the creator, can he not do anything? Oh how I realize that my faith is very small...how, I am to believe his word and not to let fear creep into my mind. When I go to him in prayer I will do as David did and begin to recite all that Yahweh has done:

You oh Yahweh are the creator of heaven and earth, you spoke all things into existence, without you nothing can exist...is anything too hard for You...
I could go on and on with just this train of thought, however, I will move on to the next inspiration that Yah gave me in B'resheet and that is the temptation of Eve/Chavah. Our enemy has not changed in over 2000 years, he uses the same tactics he used on Chavah/Eve. First to plant seeds of questioning what Elohim meant when he said what he did..."Did Elohim really say..." and then he basically calls Elohim a lier and says "surely you wont' die..." and he tops it off with how fearful Elohim is of them so he forbids them the pleasure of eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Here is what it sounds like in today's times, see if he has changed his tactics at all:
The Bible tells 'do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers'
However we find today many young women
dating non-believers, why?
Because the enemy of their souls have brought
a handsome young non-believer into their lives
(how pleasant to the eyes he is). Now that
the enemy has their attention he begins the lies...
He's so nice...yeah, he doesn't believe, but
you can help him see the light...He won't cause me to stumble!
So they begin dating them...disobedience to the word
of Elohim.
Next...the KILL...we are told clearly in
the word of Elohim not to have
relations (sex) outside of marriage
so here it goes...first holding hands (how Innocent)
then he loves her so much,
the kiss,
he has her heart now...mind you he has
gone to church with her but he has
not shown an interest in getting
saved...and if he has been at the
alter...where are the fruits
of repentce...
She has fallen deeply in love with him,
the lie...if you love me you would, or better
yet...I love him so much
how can I show him?
The Fall...
a broken heart and a broken relationship with
her savior. Just like in the garden...
How can we prevent this from happening...by believing Elohim when he warns us in his word...the reason we should not be yoked with unbelievers is because more times than not they bring about our fall...bad company corrupt good manners in other words, they will draw you away not the other way around...remember Joseph, he ran from Potiphar's wife, he didn't reason with her he didn't believe the enemies lies...I could just here it now "Well, she is my masters wife...she has authority over me...I must obey her..." no he believe Elohim and RAN...to many of us including myself play with the thoughts the enemy brings instead of RUNNING or better yet casting them out!
2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every
high thing that exalteth itself against the
knowledge of Elohim, and
bringing into captivity
every thought to the obedience
of Messiah;
So today, I will be careful to keep watch on my thoughts and when I pray to recall that Elohim/God is the creator of all thing, is there anything to hard for him?
Ok, so today I did get a little wordy... I'll try to do better tomorrow...but no promises ;-)
Have a Blessed day in Messiah
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you would like to join the "The Bible Reading Challenge"
just click on the link above.
Yah, open mine eyes that I might behold wondrous things in thy law (Torah)

No comments:

Post a Comment